Providence Health & Services Supervisor, Post Acute AR PSJH in Tukwila, Washington
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Supervisor, Post Acute AR
PSJH to our location in Tukwila, WA.
We are seeking a Supervisor, Post Acute AR to be responsible for billing services supervision in all patient accounts and claims processing through the standard billing services, accounts receivable reconciliation and reporting, cash posting, claims adjustments and credit and collections functions for ministries within Providence Senior and Community Services and Home and Community Services.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, rules and regulations by updating manuals and monitoring web sites to maintain regulatory compliance throughout areas of risk. Work closely with team regarding Medicare/Medicaid and Managed Care changes/updates.
• Supervise and evaluate the work of the billing team including oversight of business functions and improvement of billing processes. All work must promote a team concept and reflect the mission and philosophy of Providence Health and Services.
• Maintain updated job standards list for assigned duties including detailed list of scheduled activities, deadlines, and order of completion to ensure coordination of workloads, volumes, staff changes and cross training. Responsible for core tasks such as charges and cash receipts posting which are rotated on a regular basis.
• Coordinate preparation of rate increases and update billing system by requesting Medicare rate change notices quarterly, Medicaid PPS updates yearly with potential interim rate changes. Update managed care contract rates as needed. Update charge master in accordance with facility/agency policy.
• Coordinate contacts with all third party representatives, i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, commercial payers and individuals as required to accurately process claims and resolve outstanding accounts.
• Monitor aged accounts receivables and assist accountants with general ledger accounts as they relate to receivables and cash receipts.
• Insure all appropriate regulatory requirements, including HIPAA, are incorporated into work practices in an effort to maintain regulatory compliance and promote the integrity of confidential/private data and patient information.
• Act as a resource to others within Providence Senior and Community Services and as such, does not routinely delegate tasks. The position does coordinate the monthly financial close and some billing research activities with the Financial Services Department. Examples include notification to accounting that accounts receivable monthly close is complete, preparation of accounts receivable journal entries, or research of bad debts and/or patient accounts.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• H.S. Diploma or GED or equivalent education/experience
• 4 years healthcare revenue cycle.
• 2 years leadership experience
• Experience with insurance contracts and/or Medicare/Medicaid regulations.
• Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word intermediate skills.
• Possess enthusiasm, good judgement and cognitive skills.
• Displays excellent written and verbal communication skills with coworkers at all levels.
• Ability to quickly understand process, analyze and implement solutions.
• Ability to fill in for team members on vacation, illness or staff shortage.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Coursework/Training- Medical front office/medical billing
• EPIC experience
About the department you will serve.
HSAM - Health Services Asset Management is a third-party, licensed and bonded collection agency, wholly own by Providence Health and Services Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Non-Clinical Director/Executive
Req ID: 242404